Website Secretly Group
Title: Secretly Group Administrative Assistant
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am-6pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: President of A&R
Company Summary: Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Saddest Factory and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster counts Phoebe Bridgers, Bon Iver, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others. Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, and Faye Webster, as well as the publishing catalogs of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Position Summary: This is an entry level position providing support as an executive assistant to one of Secretly Group’s managing partners. The ideal candidate will undertake a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to those outlined below. This position offers a unique opportunity for a newcomer to the music industry to gain experience and an understanding of both the record label operations, publishing operation and the synchronization licensing department that serves them both. This position requires strong computer skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and artists.
- Manage and maintain executive’s schedule, meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications, especially email communications
- Perform general administrative tasks for the label groups
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks, including post office runs, lunch pick ups, etc.
- Meet weekly with executive to track active projects, to-do lists
- Assist sync team with organization of metadata & audio in Disco, including tagging and updating rights info
- Maintain calendar of upcoming live shows (label artists & publishing clients) and work with sync team to ensure music supervisors are invited to shows in major markets, and handle guest list coordination
- Maintain calendar of upcoming sync releases (label, publishing clients, third party sync clients) & provide support to creative sync team for scheduling and/or creating e-blasts to music supervisors
- Maintain Secretly Publishing social media accounts & handle occasional website updates, welcome posts for new writer clients
- Assist sync team with light scheduling for calls/meetings
- Act as the office manager for Los Angeles office, managing maintenance & repairs, managing relationships with tenants, managing office supplies, and being primarily responsible for maintaining an optimal workplace environment for all employees.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous office experience
- Organizational and planning skills with a strong ability to prioritize
- Basic understanding of music publishing and copyright
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Discretion with confidential information
- Initiative and adaptability in fast paced environment
- Passion for music, familiarity with Secretly Group & Secretly Publishing artist roster
SG Services, Inc. Benefits
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/oBSGZG8PydAB6oyY7
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.