Website OBJECTS Manufacturing Oberspree GmbH
Objects Manufacturing is a vinyl record pressing plant that was founded with the aim of providing high quality products. Located directly on the Spree in Berlin, the company has a conscious focus and approach to sustainability. This green agenda is offered without compromising on the quality, the capacity, the costs or the short lead times that we promise to our customers we want to work with, no matter how big or small they are. We offer the entire process of vinyl production from start to finish We see ourselves as a young, fresh and exciting company dedicated to easing the supply crisis in vinyl record manufacturing.
In the electroplating department you will work with two colleagues. Here, among other things, the press molds (stampers for the press machines) are manufactured. In the editing room or studio, the music is edited onto a “lacquer”. This varnish goes to the electroplating department, where nickel molds are made using a special technique (electrolysis).
This is a very technical process consisting of many small steps. The entire team is responsible for the entire process from varnish to the stamper mold with which the records are pressed in the pressing plant. Since it is a complex process, you must learn the following tasks step by step.
As it is a very precise process, a willingness to evolve and master the tasks listed below is essential. In this role you will:
- Silvering of lacquers
- Production of negatives, positives and as a last step: the moulds
- Operation of different machines
- Finishing of the molds (grinding, centering, punching, shaping)
- Cleaning and maintenance of the department
- With time you will also learn to mix different substances in our laboratory
- Wearing protective clothing and goggles is part of the job description
We look forward to seeing:
- You have technical training
- Able to work accurately and independently
- Speak English and German and have reached level C1.
- Have a place of residence in Berlin or in the surrounding area.
- A permanent full-time position, 40 hours per week.
- A distribution of working hours from Monday to Friday. In the near future this may be extended to a 2-tier system.
- A fair salary and many opportunities to grow within the company.
- Variable, result-related bonus payment.
- BVG monthly card.
- 2 x vinyl record pressings per year (up to 500 pieces) with us.
- A great corporate culture that encourages diversity and creativity.
Our values are based on mutual respect and tolerance. We believe in diversity in our team. Any form of discrimination or disadvantage of any kind has no place with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit join.com.