Website Furnace Record Pressing
Furnace Record Pressing is growing, we’re looking for QC Night Sleever
We’re based in Alexandria, VA and so is this position. We eat, sleep and breathe vinyl. We’re a gang of enthusiastic weirdos committed to doing the best job possible.
We practice Lean Manufacturing in the office and on the manufacturing floor- which means a lot of things but part of it is saving time every day by refining processes and refining ourselves. If we mess something up, we fix it and we learn from it. No excuses and no moping.
We’ve been doing this for 20 years and are dedicated to continuing to drive the industry by bringing only the best vinyl records to market.
Some things you’ll do in this position:
- Inspect pressed records for physical and visual flaws as presses are running
- Confirm that the weight, color and format of each record matches the order specifications
- Verify that the label copy and side match the catalog number / side scribed on record
- Listen for audio quality, surface noise, ticks, and pops
- Maintain logs and related digital documentation of work
- Actively and concisely communicate pressing defects to operators
Some things you’ll need in this position:
The ability to listen for mistakes, not for music. Attention to detail (so important we’re saying it again).
- Learns fast
- Attention to detail (this is key)
- Understands urgency
- Good communicator
- Good ears (must be able to pick up on small imperfections)
- Like being part of a team who works hard, respects their work and their co-workers
- Work closely with press operators to ensure elimination of defects
- Ability to work within a team is essential
- Demonstrates common sense and adheres to safety measures
Please send resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org