XL Recordings is an independent record label founded in 1989 under the parent company Beggars Group. XL has work with the likes of Adele, Arca, Beck, FKA Twigs, Gil Scott-Heron, M.I.A., The Prodigy, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Tyler the Creator, Vampire Weekend, The White Stripes and more.
XL Recordings seeks an experienced, self-sufficient sound engineer based in their NY office. Reporting to the Head of US, XL’s NYC in-house engineer will be tasked with maintaining and running sessions in their private full service recording studio, overseeing Studio A (full live room) and B (writing and production). This will involve running recording sessions for signed artists and prospective signings. Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of various technical areas listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be highly proficient in Pro Tools, Logic and Ableton
• Provide a high-level of proficiency in trouble shooting computer audio systems and interfaces
• Ability to create and maintain an organized file structure with multiple backups
• Must have a high-level of experience recording vocals
• Some experience with recording bands and / or live ensembles required
• Familiarity with Dolby Atmos mixing a plus
Skills and Experience:
• At least 2 years’ experience in professional studio settings, especially regarding session management and session etiquette
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly with artists, managers, and our A&R teams
• Time management skills needed with an extra focus on punctuality
• Exceptional organizational skills, with a strong ability to balance multiple priorities
• Exhibits passion, knowledge and know how to work across a diverse mix of artists
• Must have experience working across the full breadth of contemporary music genres
• Must be able to develop and maintain relationships with artists and artist management
• Connection to various NYC and international musical communities a plus
Diversity and Equal Opportunity:
Beggars Group embraces the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. We are committed to cultivating a workplace representative of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. To this end, we welcome applications from candidates from every area of society to further encourage an inclusive company culture.
How To Apply:
Kindly send applications to email@example.com with “XL-Recording Engineer – [YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME]” in the subject.
Please note, it’s highly recommended that all applications include a cover letter and resume. Cover letter should include credit list and highlight artist/management relationships.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org