Website Gold Rush Vinyl
We’re looking for a smart, music-loving young professional who want to intern in at Gold Rush Vinyl! Candidates should be currently enrolled in a college program and have availability from January – March in Austin, Texas.
Our internship program offers the chance to be part of a fast-growing manufacturing start-up while learning the ropes of the music industry from experienced executives.
This is not a coffee-fetching, errand-running kind of internship! Our interns are trusted with real business projects that make an impact in the music business.
We also provide our interns with career development and networking support to prepare them for the working world. Our alum have gone on to work in music careers at companies like BMI, Capitol Records, Warner Music Group, SXSW, TikTok and here at Gold Rush Vinyl.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist the CEO and Sales Manager with client relations
- Work on inbound sales inquiries for new record projects
- Pitch to bands and brands who do not currently work with us
- Support current accounts, including record labels, management companies and indie artists
- Aid in general office work (ex: answering phones, greeting guests)
- Perform other related duties as needed and assigned
- Currently enrolled in a college program or recent graduate
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs products
- Photoshop skills are a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with both with internal team members and clients
- A positive attitude!
- All interns must be qualified to work in the United States
- Work is out of our Austin, Texas, factory (sorry, no remote opportunities!)
- Interns receive college credit for the 10-week program and a $500 stipend
- All internships are part-time, up to 15-hours a week
Ready to apply? Here’s what we need from you!
- Your current resume / C.V.
- A thoughtful cover letter
- A recommendation for one record we should have in our listening room
About the company: Gold Rush Vinyl is the high-quality, fast-turnaround record pressing plant of Austin, Texas, helping bands and brands take advantage of timely marketing moments and the growing demand for vinyl. Named the #6 Most Innovative Company of 2020 in Music by Fast Company magazine, Gold Rush Vinyl is bringing fresh eyes to an old craft and helping to revolutionize vinyl production.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com