Website Redeye Worldwide
Redeye is seeking applications for a Project Manager with Yep Roc Music Group. This position is responsible for overseeing the project management of releases, along with monitoring, analyzing, and presenting sales data to determine the effectiveness of sales, marketing, and promotional plans.
Significant duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee project management of releases as assigned by the General Manager and/or Physical Marketing Manager.
- Be the main point of contact for the artist/manager and have a firm grasp on everything that is happening for the sales, marketing and promotion of the current album.
- Manage the marketing plan.
- Stay in constant contact with artist/manager to ensure that we can take advantage of every opportunity, and also to know as soon as a problem arises so it can be resolved quickly.
- Schedule and lead initial marketing meetings for the projects assigned.
- Create a release summary to be circulated to internal staff in advance of the initial marketing meeting.
- Ensure that each segment of the music group (publicity, radio, tour, etc.) submits a thorough plan for each new release to be compiled into an overall marketing plan.
- Present the marketing plan to the artist/manager and go over key points.
- Follow up throughout the project and make sure new ideas and successes make it into the plan for future reference.
- Lead the new release section of the weekly YRMG Marketing Meeting, reporting the sales and progress of the assigned releases. Present solutions for each new release to team in meeting and delegate responsibilities to team.
- Record action items for assigned release in Marketing Meeting and circulate to YRMG staff after meeting. Follow-up on weekly action items to ensure tasks are completed.
- Create, organize and distribute tools needed in order to promote and market assigned projects.
- Collaborate on creation of engaging content that supports stated goals of a project
- Hit all project deadlines assigned as tasks in Insightly CRM for each release.
- Submit all key materials needed for album release, including one sheet, digital metadata, order quantities (stock and promo) and manufacturing materials, including artwork POs for completion by the Art Director. Art work requests include, but are not limited to, one sheets, album art, print ads, web banner ads, posters, ad mattes and other promotional materials.
- Monitor, analyze and present sales data to determine effectiveness of sales, marketing and promotion plans and to highlight areas of success or sales underperformance. Recommend reaction scenarios.
- Monitor project budgets and get approval from supervisor if changes need to be made.
- Attend local shows by all YRMG artists.
- Represent company at other industry functions as assigned. May be asked to travel to attend events as needed.
- Run release-specific sections of the weekly marketing meeting, circulating action items after the meeting to YRMG staff.
- Organize and run initial marketing meetings for assigned releases, circulating action items after the meeting to YRMG staff.
- Oversee the hiring and coordination of all independent promotion and marketing efforts, including outside publicists, online marketing, radio promo, etc. Make sure timely reports are received and circulated.
- Become an expert on all in-house label artists and their music (overall Yep Roc Music Group catalog of releases).
- Maintain positive attitude and show initiative for getting the job done; high level of ability to manage workflow.
- College graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Must be organized, a team player and have great people skills on the phone and in person.
- Passion for music a plus. At least one year working in collaborative, creative environment
- Proven ability to organize and manage multi-faceted projects start to finish
- Strong troubleshooting, self management, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of staff within the organization and to demonstrate commitment to principles of equity and inclusion and support for diversity.
- Exceptional ability to work well with vendors, customers, and others.
- Demonstration of respect and courtesy in all interactions.
- Music industry experience preferred (radio, retail, label, management, etc.)
You can view the full job description and additional vacant positions HERE.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree, Bachelors Degree
To apply: Please send an email explaining your interest in this position (indicate Project Manager – YRMG in the subject line) and attach your resume and a cover letter, sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com