Website Smashed Plastic
We are a family environment at Smashed Plastic Pressing, where we care about the well-being of each other. We all continually pull together to dedicate ourselves to delivering a product of the highest quality for our clients. Our pressing plant is an extremely fast-paced environment where the work never stops and an eye for detail is absolutely essential.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for multifaceted operations within the pressing plant and dedicated to the output of the highest quality end-product in every task that they take on each day. A mechanical background is a major plus but the ability to learn quickly and minimize mistakes is a must. We are a rapidly growing company that is looking for someone who is dedicated to growing with us.
- Responsible for operating & maintaining record presses and other related machinery
- Help setup and changeover hardware for scheduled pressing runs
- Effectively execute quality control measures for all product.
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging & assembly, and machine operation duties
- Document and monitor source materials & supplies to ensure that they are readily available
- Manage daily administrative tasks
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
- Team-oriented and self-directed
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and documenting all aspects of pressing jobs
- Able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds and stand for an eight-hour work shift
- Commitment to quality, safety, and communicating with their team
About Smashed Plastic
Smashed Plastic Pressing was founded by a group of vinyl enthusiasts, record collectors, and local music lovers who wanted to bring high-quality vinyl pressing back to Chicago, after more than a 35-year absence. Dedicated to our mantra “Press Local”, we began pressing in 2018 and deals direct with artists and independent labels, coordinating all aspects of audio transfer, print material production, vinyl pressing, product assembly, and packaging. Utilizing new technologies and environmentally-friendly processes, Smashed Plastic has developed a unique, innovative approach to a remarkably enduring format.